Yeah I gotta agree with ya, had the canes had to finish with Kirby Freeman, I wouldnt be rubbing it in today [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Taking away Shockley is a lot bigger deal for UGA though. He IS their offense. The two little backs they have are good, but Shockley is their best run threat. You have to have a lb to stay with him all the time. Tarashinski stunk up the joint in the UF game. The best pass of the game was from the RB to the qb. UGA's Defense was stellar.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
Yeah I gotta agree with ya, had the canes had to finish with Kirby Freeman, I wouldnt be rubbing it in today [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Its a fair assumption that 75% of teams are overrated cause most lose to a team ranked lower!
UT, UGA, VT, Miami, FSU etc... all lost to a team ranked lower than them. If and when USC loses, I guess that will make them overrated!
Even if Freeman did have to finish the game I think that VT wouldn't have been able to turn it around, they were just not on the same page. I hate VT, but they are a pretty good team and they just didn't show up
No Regrets
I think they "showed up", unfortunately the Canes D did as well. I agree with you on your other point though. If Wright didn't come back into the game, they still would have won, but it may have been closer. 17-7, 20-7.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
Oh yeah it would have been alot closer, because the Canes would have stuck to primarly running the rock
No Regrets
Tech is a good team, and I'm a Tech fan. But they got it handed to them Saturday night. I was at the game and rarely leave a game early, but I left after the 3rd quarter.
Miami came out ready to play and dominated every aspect of the game. There's really no blame to be pointed out, other than the better team won Saturday night.
If Tech wins out, they deserve a BCS game. I don't think they'll get it due to missing out on the Conference Championship game. They deserve one over Notre Dame who hasn't beaten anyone this year!
Granted they beat some rank teams at the time of the game, but look at those teams now. Michigan has been a failure this year, Purdue has tanked, and Pittsburgh was overrated. Tennessee hasn't played like their normal selves and Washington and BYU are putrid this year.
So why does Notre Dame get rewarded for going 9-2 when they haven't beaten anyone either? If they win out, they'll be eligible. They play Syracuse, Navy, and Stanford. Not exactly world beaters.
So basically ND gets rewarded for hanging with USC in one game but losing!
whats sad is some sports writers think that nd should be able to play SC again in the rose bowl with TWO loses. Im not liking them come back to prominence, hopefully they suck it up next year but I doubt it.
For what its worth, I think USC would crush Notre Dame if they played again. I'll take SC against them next season in the colliseum too.
Who exactly has USC or Texas beat? The only team worth anything that Texas has beat was Ohio St. They have 2 losses on there record now and havent exactly been a powerhouse. USC got very lucky to get past Notre Dame. Until USC beats UCLA and Cal, as far Im concerned they havent played anybody.
Anybody who watched the Notre Dame/USC game knows that Notre Dame is for real that or USC is not as good as everybody thinks.
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
-Teddy Roosevelt
until usc beats cal and ucla
LOL you do realize cal is a 3 touchdown underdog this weekend and ucla just lost by 40. Hopefully you are right and SC sputters, but those 2 teams leave me with little hope.
Bookmarks